Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reasons to support your local record store & more...

Today I got the best phone call EVER!

It was Jeff from Exile on Main (local record store). He asked if I could keep a secret. Since I can, he told me that Wilco The Album had arrived early and I could come pick up my copy. So as I type I am listening to it on my record player. Sounds even better on vinyl!
So, kids, lesson here: support local businesses, because they will take care of you.

In other news, I have broken ground on my first novel, and have plans in the works for a memoir of sorts I will be co-authoring with Jim. We're thinking "Tuesdays With Jimbo" for a title, but I think that one's been done before...

Work just keeps getting better. I got an opportunity to work in another department today, which was cool, and my hours keep getting upped, which is also cool.

I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to read my entries lately, and special thanks to those who left comments and positive feedback. The Life & Times series has been a lot of fun to write, and I promise much more of it in the near future.

Cheers!

0 comments: