Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day thus far...

I couldn't sleep last night. It was like Christmas Eve. I streamed WGN radio and listened to Steve and Johnnie simulcast with a Scottish radio station. Both programs were taking phone calls from listeners. It was amazing to hear such a positive reaction to this Change from our friends across the pond.

I took my lunch break at 11 this morning and streamed Obama's speech over my cell phone, compliments of ABC's VCast channel. I love technology! I was very impressed by his speech, and loved the fact that the crowd of millions on the Mall roared in excitement as George W. Bush's helicopter left the nation's capital!

The sobering part of the celebration came when Senator Ted Kennedy was taken by ambulance from the Inaugural luncheon after suffering an apparent seizure. I guess it wouldn't be a historic day in American politics without the fall of a Kennedy. Latest word is that Senator Kennedy is conscious and alert, receiving care from D.C. doctors. The Senator was looking good upon arrival earlier in the day, so let's hope this was just a hiccup.

One more little tidbit I just heard on 720 - an 80 year old woman traveled from Alabama to Chicago to watch today's events unfold with her family. She said that today, "was the best day of my life."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

upset with all the obama fans who were booing and heckling laura bush. they probably dont know she was an inner-city teacher, the same teacher who will be teaching all of their 'underprivileged' children. nobody talks about that....

Ryan the Broham said...

inner... inner city... inner city pressure (bah bah bah bah bah)