Monday, January 5, 2009

Random Updates and Resolutions

First off, I want to thank of all you readers. I wish I knew who more of you were. About the same two or three people make regular comments/"follow" this blog, but the fact that there are currently 21 votes in the New Years poll has put a ridiculous smile on my face. Once again, I urge you all to make comments, suggestions, etc. so I can give this blog some solid direction. Though, maybe you all read it for it's total randomness, and that's cool too - some more feedback would be great however.

I know the number one complaint right now is the inability to control the music. I will fix this problem ASAP.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask you all to join Twitter/Twitpic/12seconds. I know a handful of you are members already. I am an addict. Social networking was never my thing, but now I feel like I couldn't live without it. Give these sites a shot. Also, anyone who has a blog they would like to share, I will gladly add it to my links and promote as best I can. I think blogging is awesome and I will happily read your blog and comment as well.

It's a new year. I am all about trying new things in 2009 and being more productive, healthier, and more responsible in 2009. Hence, my resolutions...

Be a more responsible drinker.

Take care of some of my debt.

Answer phone calls from strange numbers.

Continue to expand my mind/be more open-minded.

Smile more.

Eat better, exercise more, sleep occasionally.

Be less judgmental.

Expand my vocabulary and become a better speller.

Improve my typing skills (look less at the keyboard).

Make more friends and less enemies.

Volunteer.

Better Karma.

Be more honest with the people I care about, and in general.

Turn everyone I know into a fan of good music.

Write more.

Read more.

Give more, take less.

Become a better listener.

Stop blaming others/the past.

Continue to be myself while achieving all of the aforementioned resolutions.

A lot of these resolutions are basically saying the same thing. There is a general theme that most follow: be a better me. 2009 is going to be different. I am excited to embark on the next leg of my journey. Life rarely has a dull moment, at least my life. I hope that never changes.

I plan on keeping this blog alive as long as possible. It has become my travel log,my journal and my good friend. It is what I turn always.

Sharing my life with you all has been fun, but difficult and scary at some points. It's like a roller coaster.

I know I have more to say, but the words are not flowing well right now. Perhaps I'll be back later tonight, but for now I just want to say thank you again, to everyone who reads this blog. And Happy New Year to you all.

0 comments: