Wednesday, April 29, 2009

R&R Reminiscing

Oh, I miss the good old days...

If you're a reader of this blog, chances are you know about the R&R, the wall of signatures, and the photo of said wall which was recently tagged with all of the people behind those signatures.

First of all, thanks for posting all of the memories everybody. And more importantly, thanks for the memories :)

The three years of living with Peters (and Brad for one of those years, along with whoever decided to crash on our couch, chairs, floor, toilet and balcony), were probably the best three years of my life. And from all of the comments, I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone that ever came to the R&R had a great time.

I still have good times now, but back then every weekend was a party at our place. We managed to cram 30, 40, 50 people in that little apartment on such a regular basis, we probably should have applied for a liquor license and charged admission. But I suppose if we did that, the cops would have busted us for underage drinking opening night.

Now everybody is all growned up, either graduated or about to graduate, moving on to bigger and better things. It's pretty awesome, but I still miss those good times - or as Bill put it, "the best times I'll never remember."
I remember some... lol

Three Turkey Tourneys, a couple New Years Eve parties, my 21st birthday, the Halloween bashes, countless barbecues, making Chili, getting entirely too wasted, and of course, all of the messes Peters and I were left with.

Lots of things have changed since all of that, but not a day goes by that I don't tell a story, talk to a friend, drink a beer, have a shot, hear a song, punchline or joke that reminds me of the good old days. I think Chessa put it best: I don't think I've had that much fun drinking since then :(

Don't get me wrong, there have been good times, and there are more good ones to come. For instance, the Fourth of July... R&R reunion, pending Brad's approval of course.

Anyhow, thanks once again for the memories kids. Time moves too fast, so dance like no one is watching. And by dance, I mean crash into my closet and knock it off the hinges...

0 comments: