Saturday, December 13, 2008

This is Life (pt. 1)

While I know I have been/can be a wreck loose ass sometimes, I have decided that this is my life, and I don't know that I would have it any other way.

I know I have things that require fixing in my life, and that is my New Years resolution. About four or five years ago I had a dream; more like a nightmare. A future me came to me and said that, no matter what I did "I would not live past 25." Kind of creepy, considering my 25th Birthday is less than a week away. But increasingly so, over the years since the dream, I have become more and more about living for the moment. I have enjoyed life a lot since that dream, while still managing to survive.

Should I prove the dream demons wrong, and make it to the New Year, I will be making some changes in my life: cutting back on things, thinking before acting more often, just trying to be a better version of myself.

However, I have no regrets. Why bother? I have probably said otherwise in previous entries, but I truly believe that have regrets is pointless. It keeps you from moving forward. There is no sense living in the past. Learning from your mistakes, sure, but not dwelling on them.

0 comments: