Monday, May 11, 2009

Hung Jury

I'm titling this post AFTER I write it. I have discovered that when I title my entry BEFORE I write it, I typically end up with something that resembles a self-fulfilling prophecy "poser" post, instead of a straight up blog entry.

I'm currently listening to some "Brainwave Mind Voyages III" which is supposed to make me high or something. Good news is, I'm already feeling good, so no need for this BS crap (that's redundant), but time for some good tunes...

Ah, the sweet sound of Erin Fein's voice. Headlights it is. Along with a smoke.

Man, I love Anthropology. I just watched some program (what am I, 91 years old?) on TLC about the "science of attraction." It was good - simply put. It totally tripped me out. All sorts of stuff about the science (chemical reactions in the brain, etc.) initial attraction, being "in love," staying "in love," monogamy, sociological shit, psychological shit...
But it all got me thinking. I was thinking about science verses [insert a non-existent word here] which led me to thinking about nature v. nurture, church v. sate, Row v. Wade, and the like. It got me thinking about thinking, about Einstein, about the theory of relativity and for each action...

I used to think everything that was right, was wrong. Now every time i think I'm right, I'm wrong. (a recent tweet - edited for error)


An equal and opposite reaction.

For every nowhere, a somewhere. For everyone, a no one. For every sample, a dead end. For every child, a non-parent. For every time I screwed up, an opportunity to make it better. For every loss, another chance. For every next time, a regret. An opposite, BUT equal reaction. Not AND. It's what makes us Human.

1 comments:

shadowpuppetman said...

Mock Trial with J. Rienhold!