Friday, May 22, 2009

The Shitstorm rages on

My car was totalled. I thought that was the last of it. I was wrong.

I got a letter n the mail from the IRS yesterday. I'm being audited.

So, let's add up all of the bullshit I have been through in the last nine months or so: DUI arrest, never-ending breakup and heartache, eviction, job loss, arrest on a warrant leading to a night in Champaign county, serious car accident, and now, IRS audit.

I have court next week, and I'm sure the great state of Illinois and the County of Cook will somehow find a way to lock me up again. But I'm not going to let that, or any of this other bullshit bring me down. I'm still here, standing tall, with my friends and family behind me. What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. That's the attitude I have to have. Sink or swim, fight or flight. I'm not going to be a victim any more.

My car may be gone, I may have lost the best job I ever had and the greatest girl I have ever met, but I will not let the past get in the way of my future. I have paid for my crimes, learned many lessons, and lost many friends in the process, but I've also made many. I've also become a better person because of what has happened to me. And I would did it all over again, simply for the experience.

Hello World! It's me, Ryan, and I'm back.

0 comments: