Sunday, October 5, 2008

Go Cubs GO!

Don’t let anyone say that it’s just a game.
For I’ve seen other teams and it’s never the same.
When you’re born in Chicago, you’re blessed and you’re healed.
First time you walk into Wrigley Field.

Our heroes wear pinstripes; heroes in blue.
They give us the chance to feel like heroes too.
Whether we’ll win, and if we should lose,

We know someday we’ll go all the way.
Yeah! Someday we’ll go all the way.

We are one with the Cubs, with the Cubs we’re in love.
Yeah hold our head high as the underdog.
We are not fair weather but foul weather fans!
We’re like brothers in arms in the streets and the stands.

There’s magic in the ivy and the old scoreboard.
The same one I stared at as a kid keeping score.
A world full of greed I could never want more.

Someday we’ll go all the way.
Yeah! Someday we’ll go all the way.

And here’s to the men and the legends we’ve known.
Teaching us faith and giving us hope.
United we stand and united we’ll fall
Down to our knees the day we win it all.

Yeah Ernie Banks said, “Oh let’s play two.”
Or did he mean 200 years?
In the same ballpark, our diamond, our jewel.
The home of our joy and our tears.

Keeping traditions and wishes made new.
The place where our grandfathers’ fathers they grew.
A spiritual feeling if I ever knew.
And if you ain’t been I am sorry for you.

And when the day comes, when that last winning run,
And I’m crying and covered in beer.
I’ll look to the sky and know I was right.

To think someday we’ll go all the way,
Yeah! Someday we’ll go all the way.


I blame the assholes who didn't believe. Fair weather mother fuckers. You are not Cubs fans. You are just like the rest of 'em. I am a sinner for thinking otherwise.

Thanks.

And P.S. I give up.



















Someday.
-E.V.

0 comments: