Wednesday, February 11, 2009

If you know me well enough, you know I am no fan of gossip, hearsay, rumors or smack talk; I avoid the garbage at all costs. I don't dish it out and typically I could care less if you talk behind my back. I dismiss such practice as cowardice, juvenile behavior that I rather not associate or involve myself with.

However, it has come to my recent attention that this blog is the center of exploitation of my character. Apparently, a former co-worker has turned my entries into the joke of the week at my former place of employment. This shouldn't concern me, and the only reason it does is because said employee has attempted to beguile my reputation on previous occasions.

I get along with most everyone I meet. I try my hardest to find common ground with every individual, no matter how different we may be - even immature, gun-totting, conservative fools with God complex's.

With that said, I would like to mention that when I was laid off, I was told that it was a frustrating decision to make (for management) because, "out of all the employees [Phil] brought in, [Ryan] has the most potential."

So, while I will own up to my poor attendance record at PetSmart, I stand by the fact that I was dismissed unfairly. It holds true in all of retail/corporate b.s.: the good guys go unappreciated and the assholes go on to great* things.

*Management (no offense Phil, Teresa, Stephanie or Ron)

I am not bitter about losing my job... okay, maybe a tiny bit. I just miss it mostly. I miss having a reason to get up in the morning (or late afternoon). I miss wearing a uniform, believe it or not. I miss the animals, of course the paycheck, the customers (the good and bad ones), sticking my hands in fish tanks all day, overmedicating small animals, flirting with the girls at Banfield (and Dr. Amin), Vermillion County on the weekends, sneaking a cigarette while taking in carts, working register and having to explain to old people what the PetPerks card does. I miss that all so much. I know a lot of you bitch about working there, but you don't know how good you all have it. Oh, and speaking of which, that's what I miss most.. you guys.

Never have I had a job where I made so many friends so quick. I probably never will. That's what sucks most.

I suppose it was just another dead end job for me, but it was the best dead end job I ever had. It made me happy, which is not so easy to do. Anyhow, I'm closing the door on that chapter of my life now. I'm looking for work, exploring other ventures, spending time on what I like doing...

I'm sure we'll all stay friends, which is cool. Unless of course you've already defriended me on Facebook - like she reads this! I'll still miss working with you all. It was fun while it lasted. And I still hope that I can help with the next bar crawl :)

1 comments:

splinky said...

that is horrible people are making fun of your entries! dont they have something better to do in their hillbilly life like ride on bicycles in walmart or something? u are a great person and u shouldnt have to explain yourself. stay true to you and dont let these people get you down.
xoxox