Friday, February 27, 2009

RaNdOm Shtuff! (because I can't sleep, so why not?)

I heart Twitter. I can tell it whatever I want (as long as it's under 140 characters). It only asks one question: What are you doing? (And again, I can tell it whatever I want, no follow-ups, like "and who were you with?") And "following" people doesn't sound as creepy as stalking them.

Speaking of my new love, it seems that Twitter is gaining momentum! More of my FB and real-life friends are tweeting these days. I called this shit back in May or June - ask Peters! (Though to be fair I was like "so have you heard of Twitter? Sounds kinda lame." Same way we all felt about Facebook five years ago, lol.)

So, Chris Davies and I are looking at starting up a C-U/Bloomington-Normal/Indie music/culture blog. Anybody living in the area(s) interested in contributing in any way, please let one of us know. Should be fun, at the very least.

IN THE NEWS...

Chicago is missing three great people today: Norm and Johnny "Red" of Bulls fame, and James Ward, ABC/WLS food critic. Still not sure the cause of death for Norm, but the man passed way too soon. All three men, legends.

Illinois politics: What's the deal?
"Fast" Eddie (sounds made up) got off with probation and fines (that he'll pay with stolen funds). I never heard of the dude until yesterday, and at first I thought it was a joke. Seriously, Fast Eddie?
Blago, keeping silent? Dudeman has not been on a single talk show for like a week! Just wait until his trial I guess. He's probably taking notes now about how taxes are going up and his "free transportation for seniors" plan is being shutdown. "See, I told ya so! I'm the victim here. DAvid Letterman hates me. WAH WAH!"
And that Burress dude - he sounds like Winnie the Pooh. That's all I have to say about that.

The Jonas Bros. 3D movie comes out today, SICK! Unless Miley Cyrus makes a cameo, or at least her boobies, in 3D of course! How sweet would that be?

Speaking of bad music...
I mentioned it before, but I'll do it again: Tinted Windows SUCK! Ewwwww! Even the name is terrible. Just check out the past PILFS entry if you must know what I'm talking about.
And the new U2 song? God, they keep getting worse. "Put on you sexy boots," or whatever... GOD! They even mention something in the song, about not wanting to sing about nations at war. But man, ever since they stopped that shit, their music has been getting worse and worse. This "boots" song is terrible, just terrible. Sounds like everything off the last album and I'm sure the new album is one in the same.

Ok, so that's it for now.
Later

0 comments: